Membership Report November 2007
WHAT DOES ONE GET FOR THEIR MEMBERSHIP TO THE SLCA?
This is a question that many ask every year. The following list provides some of the answers:
- Our membership in the Federation of Ontario Cottagers Association (FOCA) allows the South Road to get insurance for snow ploughing.
- SLCA has been successful in stopping further development on the lake.
- Preservation of the lake i.e. supporting the protection of known Loon nesting sites and monitoring the water quality.
- Placement and maintaining of rock markers throughout the lake.
- Social activities, newsletters, annual meeting.
- Allows everyone to have a voice.
- Gives everyone the opportunity to meet their neighbours.
As stated in our newsletter, I have reported that we have 170 members for 2007-2008. Eight of these members are new cottagers and we welcome them. We had a couple of new canvassers who I am sure enjoyed themselves. If anyone is interested, I still have a couple of areas open. Just let me know.
It is November 22 nd and we have 7 inches of snow. Our winter up here has started a little early this year.
Hope everyone has a great Christmas and a Very Happy Healthy New Year.